Computer Systems Analyst
Christian Media Corporation is seeking a full time Computer Systems Analyst in Washington, DC.
This position will require studying the organization’s current computer systems and procedures, and designing solutions to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively. It requires bringing business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both.
- • Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications;
- • Cooperating and communicate effectively with project manager on technical side;
- • Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure;
- • Maintaining security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- • Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading existing software and hardware;
- • Analyzing the needs of the end user, company and system;
- • Implementing security and data protection: Providing ongoing maintenance and updating system changes;
- • Collaborating with business teams to understand customer issues and investigate, prototype and delivering new and innovative system solutions;
- • Testing, maintaining, expanding, modifying, and monitoring computer programs and systems according to the business needs;
- • Functioning as a subject matter expert on a team that plays a key role in building and maintaining a scalable infrastructure to support the goals and rapid growth of the business;
- • Establishing and define automated system installation/configuration procedures;
- • Responsible for new and existing automating systems management;
- • Analyzing, monitoring, configuring, and maintaining the existing system and identify possibilities for improvement;
- • Developing operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhancing service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery times;
- • Ensure compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices, as well as company policies and procedures;
- • Maintaining online infrastructure supporting the Christian Media Corporation websites;
- • Maintaining an accurate overview of all site activity and its effectiveness, looking for new and more effective processes to accomplish excellent site management;
- • Supporting system upgrades, maintenance and troubleshoot issues; Establish procedures and systems to mitigate risk;
- • Maintaining historical records by documenting program development and revisions;
- • Developing computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the company’s system architecture standards;
- • Establishing and documenting system parameters and formats, ensuring hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinating and/or modifying system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities;
- • Analyzing data and data processing to implement and improve computer systems;
- • Revising existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage;
- • Collecting, reviewing, analyzing and recommending technology and tools;
- • Preparing detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs; and
- • Designing and documenting computer systems or programs, including prototypes, flowcharts and diagrams outlining system capabilities and processes.
Bachelor’s degree from a four- year college or university with course work in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field and a minimum of 3+ years of programming or related technical experience.
- • Essential job functions include ability to lead and manage development teams, exchanging ideas with other associates to design and develop effective solutions utilizing current IT technologies.
- • Able to work overtime as needed
- • Analytical, possessing strong problem solving skills.
- • Capabilities to operate in a flexible team environment with minimal supervision
- • Thrives in a regulated but fast paced and changing environment with proven multitasking skills and focus on details and accuracy
- • Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, stakeholders, and other technical specialists, effectively leading detailed technical discussions and creating and presenting briefing materials.
- • Highly motivated team-player that embraces the challenge of coordinating with multiple parties and elegant solutions to challenging problems