Christian Media Corporation is seeking a full time Computer Programmer in Washington, DC.
This position will require writing and testing code that allows computer applications and software programs to function properly.
- • Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure. Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- • Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- • Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- • Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- • Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- • Perform design, creation, interpretation and management of datasets to achieve business goals.
- • Process and update third party data sources. Evaluate datasets for accuracy and quality. Perform data updates, indexing, and maintenance in application database.
- • Help to implement new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture.
- • Perform additional data and database related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree from a four- year college or university with course work in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field and a minimum of 3+ years of programming or related technical experience.
- • Essential job functions include ability to participate within development teams, exchanging ideas with other associates to design and develop effective solutions utilizing current IT technologies.
- • Able to work overtime as needed
- • Analytical, possessing strong problem solving skills.
- • Capabilities to operate in a flexible team environment with minimal supervision
- • Thrives in a regulated but fast paced and changing environment with proven multitasking skills and focus on details and accuracy
- • Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, stakeholders, and other technical specialists, effectively leading detailed technical discussions and creating and presenting briefing materials.
- • Highly motivated team-player that embraces the challenge of coordinating with multiple parties and elegant solutions to challenging problems