Christian Media Corporation is seeking a full time Broadcast Reporter in Washington, DC. The candidate is required to have solid knowledge about technology in general—including social media and multimedia storytelling tools and should have previous full time experience with analyzing and collecting stories through various sources to develop innovative ways to gather information and tell stories. The Broadcast Reporter will be assisting Managing Editor in the content creation and material organization and also the Broadcast Reporter is required to edit videos, publish them on our digital platform.
- • Gather and Verify topics and stories through interviews, observation, and study of documents.
- • Monitor sources for breaking news
- • Coordinate, organize and conduct interviews
- • Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
- • Maintains crucial daily, weekly and monthly deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion
- • Assist Managing director as needed and Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- • Take photographs and shoot video to produce stories
- • Edit videos for broadcast and publish video clips on our digital platform.
- • A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in journalism, communications, or a related field is required, along with a minimum of at least one year of experience as a reporter
- • Candidates should have strong reporting and video production skills.
- • Ability to shoot and edit video
- • Willing to experiment with storytelling techniques
- • Engage and manage audiences through social media channels to develop an audience and cultivate sources
- • candidates must be detail-oriented and possess a high level of initiative and excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- • Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
- • Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- • Native curiosity in just about everything, and desire to look far and wide for good stories.