Christian Media Corporation is currently seeking a full time Accounting Specialist to join our Finance Team in Washington, DC.
In this position, you will be responsible for company overall accounting include AP/AP and budgeting development and management. Additionally, you will Prepare/review monthly variance explanations and liaison with upper management and financial analysts. Assist in various projects and other ad hoc analysis as assigned.
- • Assist in the development and maintenance of accounting system and policies. Modify and update tables of accounts according to industry of Digital Media and the Christian Media Corporation unique situation;
- • Administer company accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and ensure timely processing of invoices and receipts;
- • Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records and information to prepare financial statements including but not limited to A/P Aging Summary A/R Aging Summary, Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets, Statement of Cash Flows;
- • Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted cost & expenses to actual cost & expenses; analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses and to provide advice to management;
- • Report and advise management about finance issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts in order to achieve accounting operational objectives;
- • Prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements;
- • Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, MBA preferred
- • Two years’ working experience in Digital Advertising/Digital Media accounting.
- • Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures (US GAAP).
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
- • Knowledge of QuickBooks software, preferably at expert level.
- • Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
- • Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
- • Professional customer service skills.
- • Knowledge of client accounting.